I am a freelance Producer and Director specializing in Documentary and Reality TV. I find humans fascinating, and I believe that everyone has a story to tell. I’ve worked in the television industry for over a decade, and I would love to work with you!
Television & Film Credits
Co-Executive Producer – “Secrets of the Zoo: Tampa” S1 – S3 (2019 – 2021)
- A behind-the-scenes look at ZooTampa, an AZA-accredited zoo that is home to over 1100 animals. This series follows the animal care staff and veterinary team, as they work with Florida native species, and exotic animals from all over the world. 12x 60 minute episodes.
- Segments include Manatee rescues at ZooTampa’s Manatee Critical Care hospital; Florida Black Bear rescue; Rhino breeding and birth; Indigo Snake breeding; African Penguin hatching.
- Produced and directed two crews on location. Worked with the zoo directly to gain access, build and maintain relationships. Responsible for choosing and building stories, from concept to completion.
- Credited as Supervising Producer (S1 & S2), and Co-Executive Producer (S3).
NatGeo Wild – Remedy Film & Television
Field Producer / Shooter – “Moonshiners” S8 – S10 (2018 – 2020)
- Seasons 8 through 10 of a series about outlaw liquor makers in Appalachia. 16x 60 minute episodes per season.
- Produced and directed on location in TN, KY, NC and VA for 12 total months over the course of two years.
- Developed, pitched and filmed storylines on location. Worked directly Show Runner and Post Production team in NYC.
- Operated Sony FS5 & FS7 (w/ Canon lenses), and Drone (DJI Mavic 2 Pro).
Discovery – Magilla Entertainment
Supervising Producer – “Secrets of the Zoo: North Carolina” S1 (2020)
- An all access window into the work done at the world’s largest open habitat zoo, the North Carolina Zoo. 8x 60 minute episodes.
- Segments included: Reticulated Python confiscation and rehabilitation; Lion immobilization and medical procedures; Otter Pup rehabilitation and wild release; Puffin Chick hatching and swimming lessons; Arctic Fox emergency treatment; Black Bear rehab and release.
- Produced and directed on location, in one of the first productions to start up during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Produced/directed the final four episodes of the first season, and worked with the post team to do pickups to finish out the first four episodes (which were started prior to the Coronavirus shutdown).
NatGeo Wild – Remedy Film & Television
Producer / Director of Photography – “The Ringmaster” (2015 – 2018)
- Filmed and produced on location in Minnesota and South Dakota for documentary about a quirky small town chef with a top secret recipe for the world’s best onion rings.
- Feature length (90 minute) film was completed in 2018, and is currently being submitted to film festivals.
Capp Bros. Productions
Field Producer – “The Adventures of Dr. Buckeye Bottoms” S1 (2017)
- Series following a Hawaii-based mobile farm veterinarian. Buckeye treats animals including pigs, goats, horses, cows, dogs and cats on the islands of Kauai and Maui.
- Produced/directed a 13 week, multi-camera shoot on location in Hawaii; Served as only producer on set, and conducted all interviews for the 8 episode run.
NatGeo Wild – ITV / Leftfield Pictures
Field Producer / Shooter – “Love & Vets” S1 (2016)
- Series following veterinarians in two busy Atlanta animal hospitals, including a 24 Hour ER. Also followed a veterinarian family’s home life.
- Produced/directed cases in Emergency Room & operated camera (Sony PMW-500/300).
NatGeo Wild – Half Yard Productions
Field Producer – “Deadliest Place on Earth” (2016)
- Filmed on location throughout Australia on a special about victims of deadly animal attacks, including Great White Sharks, Kangaroos and Box Jellyfish.
- Produced/directed stories throughout Australia, worked with talent, and operated camera (Canon C300).
Animal Planet – Red Rock Films
Producer – VRLIVE (360° Virtual Reality Concert Videos) (2016)
- Produced promotional videos for Samsung’s “Gear 360” VR Video Camera. Worked on location at Lollapalooza Music Festival, and directly with musicians and advertising agency.
- Operated 360 VR camera, and managed multiple shooters. Produced Helicopter and Drone shoots over Lollapalooza festival and various other difficult specialty shots (on stage, cable car, gyroscope, in crowd).
Field Producer – “The Incredible Dr. Pol” S3 – S9 (2013 – 2015)
- Top rated NatGeo Wild series about a farm veterinarian in Central Michigan.
- Produced & directed stories on medical emergencies involving farm animals and pets.
- Worked on Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9; and “Calling Dr. Pol”, a spin-off on the CW Network.
NatGeo Wild – National Geographic Television
Field Producer – “The Legend of Sheriff Gus Skinner” Pilot (2012)
- A&E pilot about a rough-and-tumble Sheriff in rural McCreary County, Kentucky.
- Field produced on location; filmed cop ridealongs and busts, as well as crime recreations.
A&E – Skip Film
Field Producer – “JAIL” S3 (2012)
- Series following inmates from their initial booking through their first night in jail. Produced by Langley Productions of “Cops” fame.
- Produced/directed on location in county jails in Portland, OR and Reno, NV.
Spike – Langley Productions
Field Producer / Shooter – PopSugar.com (2012)
- Produced and shot various segments in Los Angeles fashion industry (e.g.: Christian Louboutin shoes event) and entertainment (e.g.: red carpet events). Worked on location with hosts for PopSugar’s online entertainment and fashion portal.
Segment Producer – “American Underworld” S1 (2011)
- Discovery Channel series investigating underground and criminal subcultures around the U.S.. Produced by The Incubator.
- Worked with law enforcement officers and governments to produce segments dealing with illegal activities such as prostitution, drug use and theft.
Discovery – The Incubator
Field Producer / Shooter – MTV.com (2011)
- Produced and shot various music and entertainment segments for MTV.com. Worked with talent on location around Los Angeles, operated camera and worked as a “one man band” shooter and producer for MTV’s online music news and entertainment website.
Editor – TBWA\Chiat\Day & Beachmint (2011)
- Edited various online advertising / promotional packages for Beachmint (“Silicon Beach” Fashion E-Commerce startup in Santa Monica) and TBWA\Chiat\Day (advertising company). Worked primarily in Final Cut Pro.
- Projects include: Mary Kate & Ashley Olson promo videos for Beachmint’s new fashion line; VISA Credit Card promo videos; “Effie Awards” Entry for TBWA\Chiat\Day.
Field Producer – “Brad Meltzer’s DECODED” S1 (2010)
- History Channel series following a team of investigators solving historical mysteries.
- Field produced five hour-long episodes and managed shoots in 8 different states.
- Researched, developed stories, found and booked experts, and worked with talent.
History – Go Go Luckey! Entertainment
Segment Producer – “The Lazy Environmentalist” S2 (2009 – 2010)
- Environmental series highlighting easy and cost-effective ways of going green.
Sundance – Free Range Media
Web Producer – New Horizons Pictures / Roger Corman (2009)
- Built a new online multimedia site for Roger Corman’s library of over 400 cult classic films.
Producer / Web Developer – Last Lantern Productions (2009)
- Produced various client-based video, photography & web projects for L.A. based production company led by South Korean filmmaker Changhee Chun.
Shooter/Producer – “Flip That House” S2 – S4 (2006 – 2008)
- Field produced, conducted interviews for TLC’s top rated home renovation series. Produced by Actual Reality Pictures.
TLC – Actual Reality Pictures
Shooter/Producer – “Hope For Your Home” S1 (2008)
- Reality series about the U.S. mortgage crisis, produced by Actual Reality Pictures.
TLC – Actual Reality Pictures
Shooter/Producer – “Greenovate” S1 (2008)
- TV series about renovating homes to make them more eco-friendly. Produced, directed and shot segments as a “one man band” shooter/producer on location.
Planet Green – Actual Reality Pictures
Production Assistant – “Date My Ex: Jo & Slade” S1 (2007)
- Reality TV dating competition, featuring cast members of “Real Housewives of Orange County.”
Bravo – Evolution Film & Tape
Editor – IB Productions (2007)
- Lead editor of Ithaca College video admissions campaign: “How I See IC”
Production Assistant – Actual Reality Pictures (2006)
- On set, post-production and office intern for Actual Reality Pictures (arp.tv); hired as full-time PA after completing internship.
- Worked on the following reality tv shows: “Flip That House” (TLC); “Do Or Dice” (Bravo); “The Dave Ramsey Project” (CBS); “126 Rivington” (HBO); “30 Days” With Morgan Spurlock (FX)
Production Intern – “Welcome To Paradise” (2006)
- Independent feature film produced on the Sony Pictures lot.
Sony Pictures / Out of Pocket Films
Assistant Editor – Log In Productions (2005)
- Independent documentary production company in Spencer, NY. (logtv.com)
- Assistant editor for feature-length documentaries: “Borderline”, “The Legacy of Jedwabne”, “Portraits of Emotion”, “Eco-Village”
- Ithaca College – Bachelor of Science, Television & Radio (May, 2007)
- Concentration in Video Production; Minors in Screenwriting & Audio Production
- Cumulative GPA: 3.85 – Magna Cum Laude
- Recipient of the Park Scholarship – full ride to Roy H. Park School of Communications.
- Produced “The Race” for Ithaca College Television – Award winning student version of The Amazing Race; Directed a crew of 70 & edited 200 hours of footage into 10 hour-long episodes. Received national press and viewed by tens of thousands of online fans.
- Teacher’s Assistant (2006 – 2007) – Instructed students and aided professors in Nonfiction Production and Experimental Video courses at Ithaca College.
- Owego Free Academy – High School Diploma with Honors (May, 2003)
- Salutatorian of OFA Class of 2003.
- Event planning company I co-founded in 2008. We run custom events based on popular Reality TV formats like Survivor, The Amazing Race, Big Brother and The Mole, ranging from 10 to 300 participants.
- Specializing in both public (“Urban Hunt”) and private events (parties, corporate retreats).
Reality Rush – Owner and Founder (realityrush.com)
- My family’s business, based in Candor, NY. Thunderbird Atlatl is the world’s largest manufacturer of atlatls, a primitive spear throwing weapon. The atlatl was used prior to the bow-and-arrow by prehistoric civilizations including the Incas, Aztecs and Australian Aborigines.
- I have been involved in Thunderbird Atlatl since it was started in 1990; in all parts of the manufacturing, marketing and sales.
- Currently, I am in charge of building and maintaining the Thunderbird Atlatl website, an eCommerce site and source of atlatl news and information. I also produce online videos, photos and other marketing materials.
Thunderbird Atlatl – Web & Marketing (thunderbirdatlatl.com)
- Developer and designer of over 30 websites for a wide range of clients. For examples of my
work, please see my web portfolio.
- Specialties: WordPress development; eCommerce sites; Amazon Storefronts
Web Developer – Freelance, 1998 – Present
- Competed in charity rallies organized by The Adventurists; Raised more than $10,000 for S.O.S. Children’s Villages, The Christina Noble Children’s Foundation and Cool Earth.
- Volunteer instructor and video producer for the Ethiopian public education agency.
- Trained Ethiopian video producers on the use of production equipment.
- Produced a short documentary about EMA, which aired over Ethiopian satellite TV.
Volunteer & Charity Work
Mongol Rally (2011) & Mototaxi Junket (2014)
Educational Media Institute – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (2006)
- I am a “Preditor” and jack-of-all-trades when it comes to film and television, comfortable with the creative, social and technical elements of production. I can plan, shoot and edit as a one-man-band, or direct and lead an entire crew.
- Licensed Drone Pilot. Remote Pilot license with FAA Part 107 Certification. July 2018. Owner of DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone (willing to do kit rental).
- Video cameras: Sony FS5, FS7, A7 Series; Canon C300, C200, C100, XF100, 5D & 7D – video and still photography; Sony EX3, PD150 V1U; Panasonic HVX & DVX; JVC GY Series.
- Video editing software: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro (7 & X), Vegas Video, Avid, Avid Express DV
- Television Studio: Grass Valley Kayak switcher, Chyron CG, studio audio & cameras
- Screenwriting: Experience writing scripted television, features and Reality TV scripts.
- Graphics software: Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, Illustrator, Lightroom
- Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Adobe InDesign
Travel & Language
- Produced television shoots overseas, and in sixteen different U.S. States.
- Extensive international travel experience, including travel to more than 40 countries.
- Speak basic level Spanish; 6 years of training.
Honors & Awards
- 2019 – 2020 – “The Ringmaster” Documentary – Various Awards & Festival Screenings
- 2019 – Completed Rickshaw Run (rickshawrun.therubberduckies.com)
- 2014 – Completed Mototaxi Junket (mototaxi.therubberduckies.com)
- 2011 – Completed Mongol Rally (therubberduckies.com)
- 2008 – College Broadcasters Inc. Award for “Best Special Broadcast” (The Race)
- 2007 – Ithaca College Television-Radio Dept. “Senior of the Year”
- 2007 – ICTV “Senior of the Year” and “Outstanding Commitment”
- 2007 – Peggy R. Williams Award for Academic and Community Leadership
- 2006 – Inducted to Phi Kappa Phi & Lambda Pi Eta communications honor societies
- 2005 – College Broadcasters Inc. Award for “Best Student Media Website” (ictv.org)
- 2003 – Ithaca College Park Scholar Award (full ride scholarship to Ithaca College)
- 2003 – Eagle Scout Rank, Boy Scouts of America
- 2003 – Salutatorian of Owego Free Academy high school class of 2003.