I am a freelance Producer and Director specializing in Documentary and Reality TV. I believe that story trumps all, and that everyone has a story to tell. I’ve worked in the television industry for a decade, and I would love to work with you!
Television & Film Credits
Deadliest Place on Earth (Animal Planet / Red Rock Films) – Producer (2016)
- Filmed on location throughout Australia on a special about victims of deadly animal attacks, including Great White Sharks, Kangaroos and Box Jellyfish.
- Produced/directed stories, worked with talent, and operated camera (Canon C300).
The Incredible Dr. Pol (National Geographic Television) – Field Producer (2013 – 2015)
- Top rated NatGeo Wild series about a farm veterinarian in Central Michigan.
- Produced & directed stories on medical emergencies involving farm animals and pets.
- Worked on Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9; & “Calling Dr. Pol”, a spin-off on the CW Network.
American Food Legends (Capp Bros. Productions) – Producer / Director (2015 – 2016)
- Food reality series pilot. Directed and produced on location in the Midwest for documentary series exploring myths and folklore in America’s restaurant industry.
The Legend of Sheriff Gus Skinner (A&E / Skip Film) – Field Producer (2012)
- A&E pilot about a rough-and-tumble Sheriff in rural McCreary County, Kentucky.
- Field produced on location; filmed cop ridealongs and busts, as well as crime recreations.
JAIL (Spike) – Field Producer (2012)
- Series following inmates from their initial booking through their first night in jail. Produced by Langley Productions of “Cops” fame.
- Produced/directed on location in county jails in Portland, OR and Reno, NV.
American Underworld (Discovery) – Segment Producer (2011)
- Discovery Channel series investigating underground and criminal subcultures around the U.S.. Produced by The Incubator.
- Worked with law enforcement officers and governments to produce segments dealing with illegal activities such as prostitution, drug use and theft.
Brad Meltzer’s DECODED (History) – Field Producer (2010)
- History Channel series following a team of investigators solving historical mysteries. Produced by Go Go Luckey Entertainment.
- Field produced five hour-long episodes and managed shoots in 8 different states.
- Researched, developed stories, found and booked experts, and worked with talent.
The Lazy Environmentalist (Sundance) – Associate Producer (2009 – 2010)
- Environmental series produced by Free Range Media, highlighting easy and cost-effective ways of going green.
New Horizons Pictures – Web Producer (2009)
- Built a new online multimedia site for Roger Corman’s library of over 400 films.
Last Lantern Productions – Producer, Web Developer (2009)
- Produced various client-based video, photography & web projects.
Hope For Your Home (TLC) – Segment Producer / Camera Operator (2008)
- Reality series about the U.S. mortgage crisis, produced by Actual Reality Pictures.
Flip That House (TLC) – Associate Producer / Camera Operator (2008)
- Field produced, conducted interviews for TLC’s top rated home renovation series. Produced by Actual Reality Pictures.
Greenovate (Planet Green) – Associate Producer / Camera Operator (2008)
- TV series about renovating homes to make them more eco-friendly. Produced, directed and shot segments. Produced by Actual Reality Pictures.
Date My Ex: Jo & Slade (Bravo) – Production Assistant (2007)
- Reality TV dating competition produced by Evolution Film & Tape.
IB Productions – Editor (2007)
- Lead editor of Ithaca College video admissions campaign: “How I See IC”
Actual Reality Pictures – Production Assistant (2006)
- On set, post-production and office intern for Actual Reality Pictures (arp.tv); hired as full-time PA after completing internship.
- Worked on the following reality tv shows: “Flip That House” (TLC); “Do Or Dice” (Bravo); “The Dave Ramsey Project” (CBS); “126 Rivington” (HBO)
Out of Pocket Films / Welcome To Paradise – Production Assistant (2006)
- Independent feature film produced on the Sony Pictures lot. (outofpocket.com)
Log In Productions – Assistant Editor (2005)
- Independent documentary production company in Spencer, NY. (logtv.com)
- Assistant editor for feature-length documentaries: “Borderline”, “The Legacy of Jedwabne”, “Portraits of Emotion”, “Eco-Village”
- Ithaca College – Bachelor of Science, Television & Radio (May, 2007)
- Concentration in Video Production; Minors in Screenwriting & Audio Production
- Cumulative GPA: 3.85 – Magna Cum Laude
- Recipient of the Park Scholarship – full ride to Roy H. Park School of Communications.
- Produced “The Race” for Ithaca College Television – Award winning student version of The Amazing Race; Directed a crew of 70 & edited 200 hours of footage into 10 hour-long episodes. Received national press and viewed by tens of thousands of online fans.
- Teacher’s Assistant (2006 – 2007) – Instructed students and aided professors in Nonfiction Production and Experimental Video courses at Ithaca College.
- Owego Free Academy – High School Diploma with Honors (May, 2003)
- Salutatorian of OFA Class of 2003.
- Event planning company I co-founded in 2008. We run custom events based on popular Reality TV formats like Survivor, The Amazing Race, Big Brother and The Mole, ranging from 10 to 300 participants.
- Specializing in both public (“Urban Hunt”) and private events (parties, corporate retreats).
Reality Rush, LLC – Owner and Founder (realityrush.com)
- Developer and designer of over 30 websites for a wide range of clients. For examples of my
work, please see my web portfolio.
- Specialties: WordPress development; eCommerce sites; Amazon Storefronts
Web Developer – Freelance, 1998 – Present
- Competed in charity rallies organized by The Adventurists; Raised more than $10,000 for S.O.S. Children’s Villages, The Christina Noble Children’s Foundation and Cool Earth.
- Volunteer instructor and video producer for the Ethiopian public education agency.
- Trained Ethiopian video producers on the use of production equipment.
- Produced a short documentary about EMA, which aired over Ethiopian satellite TV.
Mongol Rally (2011) & Mototaxi Junket (2014)
Educational Media Institute – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (2006)
- I am a “Preditor” and jack-of-all-trades when it comes to film and television, comfortable with the creative, social and technical elements of production. I can plan, shoot and edit as a one-man-band, or direct and lead an entire crew.
- Video cameras: Canon C300, C100, XF100, 5D & 7D – video and still photography; Sony EX3, PD150 V1U; Panasonic HVX & DVX; JVC GY Series.
- Video editing software: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro (7 & X), Vegas Video, Avid, Avid Express DV
- Television Studio: Grass Valley Kayak switcher, Chyron CG, studio audio & cameras
- Screenwriting: Experience writing scripted television, features and Reality TV scripts.
- Graphics software: Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, Illustrator, Lightroom
- Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Adobe InDesign
Travel & Language
- Produced television shoots in sixteen different U.S. States. Willing to travel for work.
- Extensive international travel experience, including travel to more than 40 countries.
- Speak basic level Spanish; 6 years of training.
Honors & Awards
- 2014 – Completed Mototaxi Junket (mototaxi.therubberduckies.com)
- 2011 – Completed Mongol Rally (therubberduckies.com)
- 2008 – College Broadcasters Inc. Award for “Best Special Broadcast” (The Race)
- 2007 – Ithaca College Television-Radio Dept. “Senior of the Year”
- 2007 – ICTV “Senior of the Year” and “Outstanding Commitment”
- 2007 – Peggy R. Williams Award for Academic and Community Leadership
- 2006 – Inducted to Phi Kappa Phi & Lambda Pi Eta communications honor societies
- 2005 – College Broadcasters Inc. Award for “Best Student Media Website” (ictv.org)
- 2003 – Ithaca College Park Scholar Award (full ride scholarship to Ithaca College)
- 2003 – Eagle Scout Rank, Boy Scouts of America
- 2003 – Salutatorian of Owego Free Academy high school class of 2003.